Google

Friday, September 09, 2005

This is Thursday's update, written on Friday morning, so at least Thursday won't be overcast by Friday in this update.

However, I don't think much of particular interest happened on Thursday. There was the speech I gave in Public Speaking Class. It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but the teacher liked it. He said I needed to work on "transitions." I need to figure that out.

Old Game Review time!

Today, I review the spiffy spinoff marketting tie-in, Chex Quest.

Chex Quest is basically just Doom with all the Hell replaced with alien Chex world, the demos replaced with phlegmy aliens, and your weapons replaced with various Chex-firing devices. If memory serves, I think that the health pickups and powerups were also Chex in some form or another.

Chex Quest came inside a cereal box for a while. I'd have to say that it is the best marketting tie-in ever. They licensed the Doom engine and made a new game with it. The new game is really exactly the same as the old one, but that doesn't really bother me.

Doom was a fun and actiony game, that isn't much by today's standards, but there is something tremendously fun about running around with a small 2D weapon in a 3D world shooting 2D aliens or demons. Its totally stupid, but it is definitely fun.

You can download it here:
(Note, site is usually under a lot of traffic. Might be slow.)
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=1659
Excellent gimmicks are my thing.


Friday's post and gimmick will be posted later tonight, you know, after Friday's stuff has happened.

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home