Google

Sunday, October 02, 2005

2 Gimmicks today! Aren't you all lucky?

I'll do gimmicks first, then talk about the Corpse Bride, then my recent purchase relating to the development of my game. I'll start with 2 minute poem, then song link.

2 Minute Poetry? GO!

Silly things...
They'll just ruin things.
Piss people off.

Online, a relationship
can be ended
with 2 clicks.
"Well, you suck."
BLOCKED

People are so touchy.

Hehe, that's based on a true story. I did something my friend didn't approve of and he blocked me. Haven't talked to him since. Definitely sucks.

Now, here is your song!
Nick DeMayo - Look Away
http://www.adultswim.com/downloads/tools/audio/venturebros/look_away_the_boys_death_theme.mp3
Its from a TV show, sung at the death of the main characters. The show is Venture Brothers from the Adult Swim lineup on Cartoon Network. Its ne of the best shows ever to be produced in my opinion. And this song is awesome as well.


So I saw the Corpse Bride today. It was just wonderful. The visuals were spectacular, the emotions carried throught the story effectively, and it was a wonderful movie in almost all aspects. It had some flaws though. These flaws are mostly minor, but they bother me to no end because this is as though someone painted the greates painting ever and in one little section, they got a ton of dirt on the paint while it was still wet. Its just a small patch of dirt, but because the rest is so great in comparison, you can't look away from the dirt because its just such a shame that its dragging down this otherwise great painting.

Here is an IM chat I had discussing the movie and other things:
-----
[20:22] Ayavaron: Corpse Bride has excellent animation.
[20:22] Ayavaron: However, the film had flaws.
[20:22] re9112: I agree
[20:22] re9112: I just found it too depressing for one thing
[20:22] Ayavaron: And by "had flaws," I mean that it just screwed up a bunch of shit.
[20:23] Ayavaron: LIttle things mind you, but lots of screwups.
[20:23] Ayavaron: I liked its depressing-ness personally, but I shall list the more bothersome flaws.
[20:23] re9112: Ok. Name some
[20:24] Ayavaron: During the skeleton song explaining Emily's past, the song takes this huge break in the middle and its just a lyricless jam fest.
[20:24] Ayavaron: It just breaks the pacing for that part of the movie.
[20:24] Ayavaron: And also, it confuses people, because it puts a chunk in the middle of the story, which causes some forgetting between the parts, so I'm not 100% sure what happened.
[20:25] re9112: well, she grew up with a rich family
[20:25] Ayavaron: If Emily knew that was Victor's dog, how come she didn't know all that other shit that in the course of the movie, she didn't know?
[20:25] re9112: then he kills her and runs off
[20:25] Ayavaron: Does he kill her or leave her for dead?
[20:26] re9112: killed her and left her
[20:26] Ayavaron: k
[20:26] re9112: or injured her
[20:26] re9112: something like that
[20:26] re9112: brb
[20:26] Ayavaron: That'd make more sense.
[20:26] Ayavaron: Also, if Emily's spirit was waiting in the forest all these years, then how did she know everyone in the world of the dead?
[20:26] *** Auto-response from re9112: I am away from my computer right now.
[20:26] Ayavaron: Why was it a big deal she wanted to get upstairs then?
[20:27] Ayavaron: If it was such a big deal, then why was it so easy when they were all going up for the wedding.
[20:27] Ayavaron: And what the fuck was the problem with with the people sitting behind us?
[20:27] Ayavaron: They had this loud annoying 3 year old kid.
[20:28] Ayavaron: And they made NO EFFORT to make him be quiet.
[20:29] Ayavaron: He screamed at one point, and they were like, "Oh? Were you scared? Don't worry its just a movie."
[20:29] Ayavaron: And there was this other part where he started panting like a dog, and the parents were just like, "Aww... you're not a woofer." The kid barked, and they were all "So precious!"
[20:29] Ayavaron: FUCKING PISSED ME OFF.
[20:41] Ayavaron: Little kids shouldn't be allowed in movie theatres.
[20:42] re9112: I agree
[20:43] Ayavaron: During my viewing of the movie Meangirls, there was a 4-year old girl crying.
[20:43] Ayavaron: Her Mom slapped her and I silently applauded.
[20:43] Ayavaron: Because it shut her up.
[20:43] Ayavaron: Also: I think I just hate little kids.
----

And please don't bother my friend that I was talking to. He's a nice guy, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be bothered by a bunch of people reading my blog. Feel free to bother me though. I'm just kinda asking for it really.

I decided to buy Torque 2D today. This will allow me to create my game from my game design, and then hopefully, I will be able to publish the game and pay for college.

Plus, having made an dpublished a game will look awesome on my resume so thats pretty cool.

Tomorrow, I shall post a bunch of drawings I did in the fifth grade. Until tomorrow, my faithful readers, I bid you adieu!

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

6 Comments:

At October 01, 2005 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...my blog is still better than yours and i did love corpse bride...a very good movie...i do so love tim burtan

 
At October 01, 2005 10:49 PM, Blogger Cy "Brazanthr" Parker said...

If you love him so much, than why do you spell his name incorrectly? But yea, I do love that man's work. Corpse Bride is a masterpiece though. It just has those flaws I couldn't get out my head...

 
At October 02, 2005 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brian your an ass to every one....why is this?....explain YOUR flaws next time.....lol...jk

 
At October 02, 2005 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it. Tim Buttin is nifty indeed. Thanks for fueling the fire.

 
At October 03, 2005 8:02 AM, Blogger Cy "Brazanthr" Parker said...

night mare, I do explore my own flaws in my head and sometimes with other people. They bother me a lot and I'd rather not post them on this blog.

and adambro, I hope you're just spelling that wrong as a joke... If it is, funny, if not, it is for future reference's sake, Tim Burton.

 
At October 11, 2005 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, Yes bud, it was a joke. Sorry to worry you about my stupidity. Not be the first, or the last time, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home