Google

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I do hope that things are spelled correctly.

Grocery Shopping yesterday was fun, but it took a long time. Notable among the wares we purchased were sixty cans of diet soda. All of them deliscious.

Today, I completely fucked up a Science test. I didn't know a lot of the stuff, so I left almost half of the test blank... I'm hoping I can get some extra credit or something to make up for it. I think the problem is that Science calss is in first period. I'm still half-asleep at that point in the day. I really can't memorize what a disaccharide is when I woke up less than an hour and a half ago. I'm also going to ask about a schedule change.

Then, uh... I think something else happened to get me distressed and irritated, but I don't really remember what it was. I was too stressed and irritated.

Then Public Speaking was once again, the day's pinnacle and I had a lovely conversation with Emma, one of my classmates. Nothing like baring your soul to remove the weight of a failed test from your guilty conscience.

Later today, I went to a cross-country meet. It was really really really boring. Basically, I got to wait around for an two hours while we were there, and wait in a car for two hours on the drive there and back. THat's four hours of waiting around for other people to do stuff. But at least I got out of most of Latin class.

Then I got home and ate some Quesadillas. One of them became badly burned. Despite this, it was deliscious.

EDIT:
Deary me, I forgot about gimmicks.

Also, I looked at the counter again today, and noticed a fairly large jump. My words of consistently mixed wisdom and idiocy are spreading.

On Monday, I was going to gush about the character I drew in Sunday's post. He's one of my favorite characters that I created. He's the despotic ruler of a deprived nation of idiots who blindly follow him. He has a massive ego and is quite likely to kill those who, even in jest, make comments about him that he doesn't agree with. Though the aspect of his ego that makes him funny to me is that he always has to appear to be the greatest thing ever. He'll wear fancy capes and stuff to look more regal, and he'll destroy any technology newer than him, simply because it might make him look stupid in comparison. His name is Nero Supreme and at one point I wanted to write a screenplay about him, but I realized I was actually too lazy.

And my gimmick for today is a short review of the movie The Aviator.

The movie (which is based on a true story) centers on this guy named Howard Hughes. He is insanely ambitious and he likes planes. He also likes to waste money. Upon inheriting his dead parents' fortune in the late 1920s, he makes a four-million dollar movie which loses money. Then he builds a really fast plane, and then some more planes that crash. Eventually, his eccentricity overtakes him, and somehow (according to the internet) he still manages to become the richest man in the world, though the movie ends before that.

What makes the movie compelling is mostly the character of Howard Hughes. It changes alot over the film's progression and its always interesting. Its a real spectacle to see this cocky young man turn into a freak whose own mind cripples him. The only thing I can complain about with this film is its ending, or rather a lack thereof. Its as though the filmmakers just decided, "Oh I'm sorry. We're out of money. Thats all the movie you're getting." and the film ended. I'd of gladly watched another forty minutes of that film.

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2005 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 20, 2005 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 20, 2005 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 21, 2005 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! time to start selling ads. Better get my plug in before it costs somthing,
www.taconinja.com
have a nice day.
-a

 
At September 21, 2005 5:23 PM, Blogger Cy "Brazanthr" Parker said...

I do not like Spam, but I may eventually put a Google and/or Yahoo ad bar on my website. I don't know yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home