Google

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Forced Ranting Follows

Today's gimmick is that I must ranat about something, but I just don't feel a rant in my brain right now. In fact, I'm kind of happy.

You see, The idiot FEMA director, something Brown, resigned. That makes room for someone who is competent. Thats great news.

In other news, George Bush has admitted to fucking up the repair efforts in the Gulf States. HE ADMITTED A MISTAKE. He even claimed responsibilty. He's not a total dick after all. He actually might be a decent human being who I still would never vote for if I had the right to vote.

Alas, I am only 15 and I won't be able to vote in 2008, because I don't turn 18 until December, conveniently over a month after the 2008 election. I'm going to make someone else vote in my stead hopefully.

Ok, ranting. Ranting is angy, I need something to be pissed at...

Ah, got one now!

The iTunes program just released an update, and I thought it was great at first. So many of the little things that annoyed me before were fixed and remedied in such ways that made iTunes 5.0 simply spectacular.

But the stuff taht worked just had to be changed. In the stupidest descision I've ever seen go into a redesign of an interface, they took a whole bunch of options which were once easily and convenienty located and hid them.

These aren't super-advanced options either. This is the stuff an ordinary person (or at least I) will want to change often. Its settings involving CD Import and Burning. This is stuff people need to get to. You don't always want to burn an MP3 CD and you don't always want to burn a regular CD. It should be easy to switch between those modes.

This is apparently a probelm that Apple has been having for a while. If my Mac computing magazines are to be trusted, they have a history of adding a bunch of great features and then taking out a bunch of old great features. An example is the favorites folder which was taken out for OS X 10.4. Previously, it was easy to make your favorite appliacations all organized and available and accessible in 2-4 clicks.

Lots of companies do this. Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 had a convenient and useful slider based color picker. For some reason this was removed in Elements 3. They replaced it with another color selection method taht is more familiar to Windows users, but the old one shouldn't disapear. It should still be accessible because I liked it.

*sigh* No program should ever wreck old features for a new version. It just makes the update less worth it.

I just wish the dumbasses at Apple and Adobe and a million other companies would understand such logic.

I'm disapointed in my lack of anger. It didn't feel ranty enough to me. But whatever. I'm gonna go to bed now.

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2005 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude you are so right on. everybody is dumber than you. we should clone ayavaron to be all the world leaders.
Oh, bush did some polling that said if he took resposibility for somthing people would like him more. watch this is gonna be an isolated incident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home