Google

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Cat's eye nearly exploded.

So, my cat had a horrible eye infection. The eye nearly burst with infected pus and assorted bad things. My Mom took it to the vet today and I'm glad that she did because otherwise, my cat would be missing one eye very soon. And a cat with only one eye is... just creepy.

I read in another blog today something I found utterly fascinating. So fascinating in fact that I feel simply compelled to repost it here. It has to do with a shirt he saw on some kid in the mall.

"My Mommy Chose Life"

Holy... fuck... If there really were such a place as hell, that kid lives in it. That shirt looked like it was drawn on with some magic markets and puffy paint, so I really hope that it was self made and not something that you can actually buy in a store... with money. The idea that you could pay to turn your loved ones into walking billboards for your ideologies that suggest you chose to keep them like you chose to keep a pair of ugly socks is so sick that if I had faith, it'd be shattered in a heartbeat. What kind of God would allow such vulgarity in the world? Someone should take that kid away from his parents before the pyschological abuse leads to abortion doctors being sniped from book depositories.

You think that kid knew one damn thing about what his shirt read? If he can read at all, he's still sounding out words like "fat cat" and words like "trimester" and "fetus" won't be entering his vocabulary for another ten years (if he's lucky). To put your kid on display like that... to use him to guilt trip strangers... that's just fucking sociopathic. Imagine what those parents would do if they ever found him buying condoms. Obviously, the kid's well being is not more important to them than making some sort of idiotic statement in public. These are the kinds of parents that would murder the kid in his sleep and say that God told them to do it because he was gay.

I sit in judgement of many things. That's okay because those many things judge me right back, so I guess you could say it's mutual. But this is just... it's child abuse, this stuff. I'm a recent father. I've got to say that this has been the longest and hardest three months of my life, but by far the most rewarding. Anybody who can abuse their children in this way don't deserve to be called parents. I don't often approach a subject from the moral viewpoint, but this gets to me. It's just not right, and anybody who pulls this kind of crap scares me. And any religion which supports or otherwise endorses such grotesque behavior is no religion which ANYBODY should be a part of EVER. If their pastors don't bitch slap them, then there truly is no God.


As some of you know, I'm a nihilist, and I agree with the writer, and also believe that women should have the write to abort all the babies they damned well please. Even if you don't agree with me though, don't you think its wrong to trick kids into a worship? To make them a billboard as this guy said.

It bothered me when I whent to my Dad's baptism that the majority of the other baptisees were all younger than 8. There were three adults and a bunch of kids younger than eight. Kids younger than eight are almost always incapbale of logical reasoning of their own. Sometimes kids don't even gain that until the age of 12 or even older. So it bothers me that they are committing to something they can't possibly understand. I'm sorry to get on a soapbox here, but it just kinda pisses me off.

And BTW: That's from Squidi.net which was once the home of my favorite webcomic but now just houses the author's blog. He's very opinionated and is a master of ranting. If thats the type of thing you like to read regularly, I urge you to check out his blog.

I bet I just lost some readers and then gained some. Thats what these things tend to do... Sorry if I've pissed you off.

I actually did well on a latin quiz today. Go me!

For a mini-movie review, I'm going to review the movie National Treasure, but I didn't see all of it. I only saw about an hour in.

It was enjoyable in the stupidest sense possible. The dialogue is corny, and at one point, it makes fun of itself when one character says to another, "That's not how people talk." The characters are like those you'd find in a TV-show that employs hundreds of writers. In order to keep them consistent, they have only a few traits that are permanent. Only, there were probably 2 or 3 writers at most and the characters are inexcusably 2D.

Every other moment will kill your willing suspension of disbelief if you aren't careful so that makes the movie rewarding. Achieving a willing suspension of disbelief is almost a zen state and if you have a pen and paper on hand, your creativity flows and cool drawings pour out.

Why, here is one such drawing that fell out of my brain when I watched this movie:
Did I post this before? I don't remember and I'm too lazy to check.

I imagine movies like National Treasure are a lot like drugs. I haven't actually done any drugs, but apparently, they set your mind free and make you happy when done in moderation. This movie did that for me, and you can see the results. My drawing skills got boosted by that movie.

I think I need to watch more stupid movies now.

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2005 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word up! I like that kind of ranting.
F-!*% that idiot.
& those like them.
Urrg. Me angry! want to crush stupid heads. me no smart, but not that stupid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home