Google

Friday, November 25, 2005

The beloved Asshole

The other day, I said that there was a certain type of arrogance that was funny. This may sound kind of stupid, but you'll probably agree.

I'd expect my audience to be familar with Homestarrunner (www.homestarrunner.com) and as such you porbably know Strongbad. Strongbad is utterly full of himself and that is why we love him. He is a pathetic loser who only lives to answer his e-mail, pretend to be the ultimate ladysman, and give misery to his friends. But the thing is, all of this that he does is hilarious. When he creates two lines in front of him in his character page, "Ladies, form a line to my left for makeouts! Dudes, form a line to my right for high fives!"

Its funny because he thinks so highly of himself and he just cannot be taken seriously. In this despicable character, there is something you love.

The xamples are all over the place. If you've ever seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you know well of Master Shake's evils. He abuses Meatwad and screws up all sorts of things, then he throws temper tantrums usually resulting in the destruction of the armchair and/or the TV. Yet, despite what a total dick, Master Shake is, most people I've talked to said that he is their favorite character.

In King of the Hill, you've got Dale Gribble, and in the Simpsons, you have lots of people, Comic Book Guy, Homer, etc., in American Pie, you've got Stiffler, and in just about any comedy, you'll find at least one character who is hilarious because he (or she I suppose) is totally full of him or herself.

ALSO: Thanksgiving ROXXORZED! (Translation: Rocked supremely) So much deliscious food to eat, OH! It was so great!

Well today, I have some cleaning and some 3D modelling ahead of me. Hm... I wonder what else.

Talk to you later!

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home