Google

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another grand day of nothing.

Yes, another day of nothing only without TV this time. I burned some CDs and I did some homework and I read a bunch of articles on animation. And most recently, I babbled to a person who had no idea what I was talking about via IM. The subject was the advantages of vertex interpolation versus Inverse Kinematics for use in Cel-shaded 3D animation.

What the Hell brought that on? Gorillaz. I obtained their new album and loved it. I shall gush it soon, but the music videos were the subject of conversation. They feature this really cool animation and I just cannot tell if they're done using traditional hand-drawn frames or with 3D cel-shading. Eventually I decided that it was 3D animation done with vertex interpolation to give it a more hand-drawn look while constantly keeping the characters on model.

But then, I'm still not totally sure.

Now for gushing!

The Gorillaz new album Demon Days is nothing short of pure awesome in the form of audio. The songs have an interesting range from the weird and artsy (O Green World) to the vaguely metal-punkish (White Light) and the incredibly dancy (DARE) but there are a lot of excellent tracks that balance the weird artsiness with other aspects of good music. (Feel Good Inc. and Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head)

The problem with the album is that its difficult to choose a favorite song off of it. About half of the album is absolutely breathaking and incredible. Though if I were to pick, I'd have to say "Fire Coming OUt of a Monkey's Head" because it matches quality music with an interesting story told in the lyrics. It is a track to behold because all elements come together in a flaming bash of awesome.

And their website is pretty spiffy too. I recomend checking it out. Its like an old-fashioned point and click adventure game but there are also other games hidden in there among all the spooky things. Yes, yes, good times to be had at www.gorillaz.com


And I shall sigh because their live show is sold out despite the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway. At least I have the music videos and actual music. Those are pretty awesome.

Bow down to my awesome-ness for I am nifty!

2 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 11, 2005 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True dat. Uber rad, the album is. Crazy dolla' taco night tonight. Can't sleep, must catch up on favorite blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home